The face is one of the most visibly noticeable areas of aging, perhaps because it is the most vulnerable to the elements. Gravity, the sun and UV rays, and lifestyle attributes can accelerate the signs of aging to an undesirable state, making even the most beautiful face appear saggy, droopy, sad, old, and tired. As they say, you feel as good as you look so if your face sends the world a message of feeling old, then it can also make your body feel old and even your spirit or mindset. Getting a facelift is a great way not only to restore your face but to bring back that youthful invigoration and zestfulness for life.
A facelift is like getting a custom dress designed, such as a special wedding or event gown. When the dress fits snugly and appears wrinkle-free, polished and smooth, then it also makes you feel pretty both on the inside and out. It makes you want to “step out” into the public eye and present your best self to the world. A facelift does the same thing for your confidence, while allowing you to turn back the hands of time and portray a new outlook.
These are some facial features that can be addressed with Dr. Frank Agullo during a consultation:
- Lift sagging skin
- Eliminate neck rolls or double chin
- Smoothen creases and wrinkles
- Adjust misshapen brow or awkward facial expressions
- Rejuvenate droopy eyelids, dark circles and eyelid baggage
There is no better place to go through a facelift enhancement in Southwestern Texas than with the rising “Texas Superdoctor”, Dr. Frank Agullo. His top notch facility and staff takes every measure to ensure successful facelifts for patients throughout El Paso, Albuquerque and northern Mexico. Shave five, ten, fifteen or even twenty years from your face with this amazing transformational procedure!
Combination facelift procedures
Getting a facelift can yield transformational and remarkable results, but going through a facelift alone will only pinpoint specific areas of the face. Mostly the mid-face, lower face and forehead. You may decide that you have other regions of your face that need attention, too. While you’re in your consultation phase, you can bring up all of the parts of your face that you feel need correction or enhancement and Dr. Agullo will listen attentively to your requests and make recommendations accordingly. He may recommend that you can combine your facelift with other procedures such as:
- Eyelid Surgery
- Brow lift
- Neck lift
- Chin augmentation
- Otoplasty (ear surgery)
- Rhinoplasty (nose job)
- Lip augmentation
- Fat injections or facial implants
These are optional procedures but many can be combined with a facelift for dramatic results. It also cuts down on the healing process to “get it over with” all at once instead of scheduling separate cosmetic enhancement procedures on separate occasions and having to go through the process more than once. It can cut down on time and expense.
El Paso facelift techniques
Common facelift target zones include the forehead, cheeks, chin, between your eyebrows and other places that have heavier signs of aging than others.
You can achieve a younger and more appealing face with one or more of the following facelift options:
- Mini-Facelift: Also referred to as the “S-lift”, MACS lift, “weekend lift”, or “lifestyle lift”, the mini facelift is a rejuvenating facial surgery that targets the cheeks and jawline. Patients who opt for this facelift have a shorter healing time and less probability of scarring. The wrinkles are smoothed out and after a few days of healing the patient may look and feel “refreshed”.
- Mid-Facelift: Slightly more extensive than the mini-facelift, the surgeon will make a slightly larger incision to shift the fat just above the cheekbones. The mid-facelift targets the cheeks, lower eyes, nasal area, and jawline to tighten and pull up sagging skin caused by loss of skin elasticity.
- Forehead or Temporal Lift: Early signs of aging such as wrinkles, crow’s feet or frown lines may be prominent on the forehead; therefore the brow lift addresses these issues by enhancing sagging eyelids, under eye baggage or by restoring brows to their normal level. Patients will have a smoother brow line as the surgeon corrects any deep horizontal lines or forehead creases caused by repeated facial expressions, aging or loss of skin suppleness. Learn more about the brow or forehead lift here.
- Neck Lift: The surgeon makes small incisions around the ears and uses liposuction to tighten the sagging skin around the neck area. This procedure is also known as cervicoplasy and can turn that double chin into a smooth jawline. Learn more about a neck lift here.
- Full Facelift: Combines many of the above corrective enhancements for the most dramatic results.
The facelift techniques used by Dr. Agullo can give patients a younger appearance and shave years of aging from a wrinkled or sagging countenance. Show the world your true beauty with a face that looks as young as you feel!
As one of El Paso’s leading plastic surgeons, Dr. Frank Agullo will do everything to ensure a smooth operation and a face you will be proud to present to the public. The duration of your facelift procedure will depend on the combined principles as outlined above; therefore it is difficult to state how long the surgery will take. For some patients they may be in and out in an hour, whereas others may go through with an entire facelift that will require several hours to do.
Preparing your body ahead of time is the best way to heal quickly. Keep healthy, including quitting smoking or drinking at least a couple of weeks prior to the surgery. Also:
- Line up enough time off from work and social obligations prior to your facelift procedure so that you have time to rest and heal.
- Don’t take aspirin or prescription medications containing blood thinners either before or after surgery, such as: Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Motrin, and even Green tea.
- Stay out of the sun or tanning beds before and for a couple of months after surgery.
- Stop smoking to avoid blood clots.
- Call your doctor to reschedule if you develop any type of illness, infection or flu-like symptoms.
- Don’t eat or drink anything (even water) after midnight on the day prior to your facelift procedure.
- Don’t apply any lotion, makeup or skin creams on your face.
- Ask a relative or friend to drive you to and from the surgery, or to help you with errands and child raising duties if need be.
Dr. Frank Agullo will discuss the choice of local anesthesia, IV conscious sedation or general anesthesia with you. Although the “Twilight” IV conscious sedation may help you recover faster, many patients opt for general anesthesia. The decision is entirely yours to make. Dr. Agullo’s team includes the leading El Paso anesthesiologist to make your surgery experience as comfortable as possible.
Recovering from a facelift
Depending on which facelift procedure you go through, some patients heal within a few days to a few weeks. A mini facelift (weekend lift) only requires a few days of recovery, whereas a major rhytidectomy will be more complex and need a few weeks to heal properly. Healing time also depends on whether you choose IV conscious or general anesthesia. Therefore, all of these variables make it different for everybody dependent on their own body’s ability to bounce back.
You can expect tenderness of your face, as well as bruising, swelling, soreness, stiffness and minor discomfort for at least a few days. After a week or two the swelling will gradually dissipate, but it doesn’t happen overnight. Tell your doctor if you have any chest pain, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, or require hospitalization. Dr. Agullo can discuss any concerns you have and will advise accordingly.
Applying ice packs after the surgery can help swelling of your face throughout the first 48 hours after a facelift. Keep your head elevated to minimize swelling. Stay out of the UV rays for a few months, even just for simple errands. The sun can give your face a reddish or splotchy effect. Be aware of your skin and take precautions. Certain lotions, makeup products or creams can also be risky.
Are there risks to getting a facelift?
Bear in mind that anytime you willingly undergo surgery, there are risks associated with the anesthesia. Therefore, you will be required to sign consent forms. Choosing a board certified surgeon and operating facility will decrease risks, although there may be rare complications anywhere that are unforeseen. Just be upfront with your doctor about your entire lifestyle, including prescription medications you take, your diet and exercise regime, or if you are on any drugs, alcohol or tobacco products that can increase the risk of adverse side effects.
Some complications of facelifts may be:
- Facial nerve injuries
- Facial asymmetry
- Skin sensation loss
- Fat necrosis
- Sutures being visible or poking out through skin
- Risks from anesthesia
- Persistent pain/soreness
- Improper healing
- In worst cases, touch-up surgery
If you follow the instructions of your plastic surgeon, then most likely your facelift will be everything you dreamed it can be. Most of the patients who go through a facelift, both minor and major are very pleased with the outcome and their newfound beauty whenever they look in the mirror.
What does an El Paso facelift cost?
Rhytidectomy is rarely covered by insurance unless they are specifically attributed to functional facial defects due to disease or an injury to the face. Check beforehand to make sure you know the facts of what is covered with your health insurance or not.
El Paso facelifts costs greatly vary from $2,000 to $15,000. That is because some facelifts are just minor corrective enhancements, whereas the larger rhytidectomies are more comprehensive. In both cases, the costs of a facelift will include the plastic surgeon’s fee, operating facility, prescription medications, anesthesiologist, medical supplies or any other facets.
Prior to getting a facelift, you should have realistic expectations and not hope to look like someone else after going through the procedure. Facelifts are only designed to improve your own facial performance and will not change the structure of your own countenance. People who are most happy are those who just want to get a facelift for their own benefits, such as wanting to improve their own image, self-esteem and the way they present their face to the outside world. Going through with it in a positive mental mindset is the best way to achieve success.
Show everyone your sensational face! Schedule a consultation with Dr. Frank Agullo to talk about getting an El Paso facelift.
Llámenos: (915) 590-7900